The Death and Work seminar 2014
The Finnish Association of Funeral Services organized the third Death and Work seminar at Sokos Hotel Presidentti on Tuesday, November 18, 2014. Its themes were the different methods of burial in different religions and the prevention of infections from the deceased. You can find the seminar materials here. There are no summaries of Raimo Goyarrola’s and Gideon Miramo’s parts.
We thank all participants of the seminar for their interest! Seminar materials can be found through the links below.
- Pekka Huokuna: The meaning of funeral culture and funerals in the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Harri Palo: The challenges of the Evangelical Lutheran Church as the administrator and caretaker of cemeteries
- Teo Merras: The Orthodox funeral culture
- Raimo Goyarrola: The Catholic Church and funerals
- Soltana Hallal: Funerals and Islam
- Gideon Miramo: Jewish funeral practices
- Anneli Aurejärvi-Karjalainen: Funerals for those with no religion
- Arno Forsius: Prevention of infections from the deceased